Friday, May 27, 2011

5/28 - A whirlwind week of wonders and wetness and... studying

Apologies for the lack of updates. Using the internet where I am is like pulling teeth out of something that doesn't have teeth.

Anyway, week! It's been full of classes! I must say it's neat to be taught Japanese by actual non-English-speakin' Japanese people, but it also makes everything ten times harder because we're mostly limited to the (stupid) example sentences in our textbooks for English analogues to the Japanese grammar structures. Also, apparently Japanese teachers have this weird tendency to give you the worksheet with the vocabulary and grammar that's going to be on the test after the test happens. That's like when you set a game on "hard" mode and it does ridiculous throw-the-console-out-the-window things that make you never want to play video games again. This has resulted in both a decline in test grades and an increase in desire to get the hell out of dodge and explore Hiroshima.

Thankfully, that's not terribly hard to do, as everyone else wants to as well.

As a result, I've done a whole lot of shopping, mostly for pants, which is a shame because I only brought like six shirts with me. On the bright side, laundry is free. Other things I've acquired include epic gifts for a) a friend of mine who likes Pokemon to a degree that occasions nausea, b) a friend of mine who likes Gackt to a degree that has led to more financial troubles than even I can shake a stick at, c) my mom (oh god I hope she likes it) and d) my little brother, whose birthday I'm missing by going on this epic soulsearching journey. But I won't say what they are, because tantalizing is my favorite brand of sadism. <3

As for inspiring jealousy (my other favorite brand of sadism), I now own a shirt from SEX POT ReVeNGe, a fact which necessitated the measuring of my steps, to avoid skipping down Hondoori. I must assure you all that IT IS SO COOL.

In news my parents (who are also, coincidentally, my only readers) might be more inclined to give a damn about, I also bought a very nice (and, regrettably, expensive) yukata to wear to Toukasan next weekend. It's definitely black and LIGHT CARMINE, which is NOT PINK, not that I CARE WHAT YOU THINK about the color of my AWESOME YUKATA THANK YOU

It has butterflies and daffodils on it, oh jeez, those are just reprehensibly girly words, huh

It's better than it sounds, really really. ._.

Also, haircut appointment on Tuesday. Be prepared to be met at the airport by a disheveled, plane-haired version of Vic From High School.

So, yes. Going to the shrine and temple at Miyajima tomorrow, come more miserable rain or fleeting, still-humid sunshine. Then you get to read more of me!

-Vic

1 comment:

  1. Have fun, pace your money... Glad you are having a good time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete