Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5/17 - Leaving and Last-Minute Loans

Aaand we're back.

Everything is proceeding as planned, despite the fact that the financial aid office did that thing older siblings do where they hold out something you want, then lift it out out of your reach as you try to grab it, and make you hop impotently and flail at the thing for a while before they give it to you. I'm still hopping and flailing a bit, because I won't actually have the money until the 25th, but at least I have what little I saved, to get me through until then.

Now I'm packing things and doing a bunch of errands I probably should have done earlier, like buying a gift for my homestay family and picking up travel-size containers of shampoo and nail polish remover. As for emotions, I'm excited and nervous and freaking out still. Also, I never realized exactly what messes all my bags were, but that's not much of an emotion. More of a "human condition" sort of thing.

Gonna go dig out my Japanese character dictionary and put my wet clothes in the dryer. Wish me luck.

Not with the dryer. I'm good at that. With the trip.

1 comment: