Thursday, May 19, 2011

5/19 - So, It Happened

Yay me, I'm in Hiroshima.

Of course, I don't have internet in my room. So, /maybe/ I'll update every day. And /maybe/ when I do, I'll be prepared.

For instance, I'm currently borrowing someone's ethernet cable because I'm stupid and forget something crucial every time I go anywhere. Luckily, it's a cheap thing to replace.

In addition to that, this means I don't have all the glorious crappy photos I took today/yesterday/the day before (time runs together when you've been awake for 24 hours spanning three different days). I'll have to run to the campus store, get an ethernet cable, run to my room, get my SD card adapter and phone (which is really mostly a camera/mp3 player/timepiece presently), and do all of that without actually running, because I don't like running.

I'm having a bit of a child-fit because we were all advised not to go into town today, despite us being a bunch of Japanophiles in Japan for the first time. I will not get sushi tonight, alas, because apparently I need to go to bed at 8 PM and (as a result) wake up at 4 AM in order to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for my host family tomorrow night.

but explooooring. D:

Gonna go check on my minecraft servers, then run around Shudo like a crazy foreigner.

-Vic

5 comments:

  1. Are you sure the fish is OK? You may want to check on that in lieu of the recent nuclear situation in the country. Have fun, stay with the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the fish weren't okay, all the Japanese people would be dead. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not true. Nuclear waste poisoning causes cancer and it's a slow death. Remember the book Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes? Find out what the food advisories are. The Japanese people tend to be very careful about food safety. You should be careful too. Pacific area fish and produce is not recommended due to the nuclear water spilling into the ocean from the damaged power plant. Plenty of food is being shipped in from elsewhere. To be safe ask where the food was grown or caught.
    Enjoy yourself immensely but come home safe and healthy.<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, about waking up a 4am. That's like getting up at noon here. It's a perfect schedule for you!

    ReplyDelete