Monday, June 20, 2011

6/21 - Finals and Farewells (the First)

Guh, hi.

Ladies and gentlestalkers, we must all sacrifice some things in life to obtain happiness. For many, it's wealth, for others, freedom: for me, it's my GPA.

So, finals are afoot once again in the Land of the Rising Sun... as you can imagine, I'm terminally unenthused, not only for the whole sucking-at-tests-because-none-of-anything-made-sense thing, but also for leaving Japan. Boo hoo poor me. On the upside, that means I get Friday to myself, and Saturday in Tokyo with horrible plane hair. yey -u-

I've also got a ton of pictures from... jeez, what have I even done lately... Karaoke didn't happen, but the Mazda factory and the Peace Park did. INCOMING SOMBER MOOD

The Mazda factory was pretty awesome. Probably more so if you like cars. For my part, I commented about the fact that mechanics in Japan are so much prettier than in America, and then proceeded to make a lot of Rihanna-grade car puns.

As for the Peace Park... whoa. Where to begin. We walked around to a bunch of the memorial stones in the park, and then toured the museum, the first part of which was a lot of This Is Hiroshima's History And How A-Bombs Work, and the second part of which housed things recovered from the irradiated city; children's school uniforms, workers' lunchboxes with the food inside scorched black, parts of buildings and the bodies of people mutilated by the bomb. My photo gallery still needs editing, is what I'm saying.

Then I had to write five pages, and so the somber mood persisted >_>

Oh, and I did a presentation! For my conversation class, which is the best class. Takada-sensei, I'll miss you! You and your snails!

Now, conserving funds for Tokyo. Oh yay. Also, more finals. Talk to y'all later... also, photo updates are impending~ (Edit: RATHER THEY ARE DONE)

-Vic

2 comments:

  1. The last days of any good visit are always bitter sweet. We know you'll hate to leave Japan but we do miss you here and you can go back. Studying is very hard when there is so much outside the classroom to explore. Do your very best on your finals and then no matter what your grades are you'll know you gave it your best shot. We believe in you!
    The photos were amazing. The peace park made me tear up. The disturbing photos from the museum didn't load. Just the 1st one which wasn't disturbing at all.
    Love you. Study hard and enjoy your last days in Hiroshima and Tokyo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerard says to look out for Godzilla while you're in Tokyo. And if you should see him... don't forget to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete